Thursday, November 6, 2008

Texas Book Festival

This is a photo from my trip to the Texas Book Festival, my first! First Lady, Laura Bush began the festival many years ago when she was the First Lady of Texas. It is a long weekend of talks by authors, book signings, and book buying of course! There is stuff for adults with any interest and kids too. They even have a cooking demonstration tent where you can see authors of new cook books cook!

The festival is held on the grounds of the Texas State Capital in Austin, Texas. It is a beautiful setting, with lots of green grass, tall trees and long walkways. Some sessions are held in the capital, with those most likely to draw large crowds held in the House and Senate chambers where the law makers do their work. Here is a picture of the capital rotunda. It was a beautiful day!



The picture below is with the author I went to see, Heather Fredrick Vogel. She wrote a neat book I read last summer called The Mother-Daughter Book Club. I enjoyed the story and hope to someday be able to share it with a daughter. So I bought my own personal copy to have autographed and surprised myself by having a fellow fan take my picture with the author. Her newest book is Much Ado about Anne, which I bought too because my name is in the title and I can't wait to read it!




No comments:

Post a Comment